Dec 14, 2009

Winter snuck away today

Winter snuck away, sometime overnight. 

Just a few days ago, right around the corner from yesterday, snow spread on the land around us like a blanket covering a newborn from head to toe. 

There's a comfort to the first few early snows of a winter's season.  Almost relief, when everything must come to a near standstill due to wintry, blustery conditions. 

As if we need an excuse to slow ourselves down from the day-to-day needs of our world.

Maybe we do.

Come February, I guarantee I won't be posting about how lovely and quieting it is to see snow; nor will I be welcoming it with the same enthusiasm I feel today.

For right now, however, I am comforted with the thought it will soon return, and stoke my fire, ready to pull the blanket a bit tighter around me.

No comments:

Post a Comment