Dec 31, 2009

Rising to the New Year

I took this photograph last year, on the way in to my office.  It is one of my very favorite photos, most particularly because I love a sunrise--but a sunrise this pretty, amidst one cold winter day, is filled with some extra special promise.  And hope.

It is easy to rise to the occasion of a new day--or a new year--when things are going well.  Jobs are intact, health is good, all is well.  But rising above the difficult days of a lifetime and still coming out with something positive is not quite as easy to achieve.  And may require that you be in the right place at the right time, heading down your road with a positive perspective in place before you even start.

Here's hoping everyone finds a beautiful sunrise and sunset each day of the coming new year.  Happy holidays to all.

Mary Ann

2 comments:

  1. Hi Mary Ann,
    I'm so glad you left a comment on my blog. I wouldn't have found you otherwise :) Your plans for your farm are exciting..I'll be anxious to follow your progress. Whatever you do, don't give up your dream of sheep. You would be amazed how little space is needed to keep a sweet pair or trio :)

    Regarding the new web page, I used I-Page. It's $3.50 per month and it really is a drag/drop site. No html or file transfer necessary. It was pretty easy although time consuming. I've tried this a dozen times before and gave up kicking and screaming because I couldn't figure it out and I'm to cheap to pay someone to do what I ought to be smart enough to figure out. I'll be happy to send you the link.

    Wishing you a Happy, healthy, prosperous New Year - I sincerely hope it's a year of healing for our country and it's people.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Deb, and thanks for visiting my blog. I will check out the I-Page, I need it to be as easy as possible!

    Happy New Year as well to you and yours, and I'll look forward to visiting your blog regularly!

    ReplyDelete