Jan 2, 2010

Under a watchful eye

In this house, we are always under a watchful eye...actually, make that "eyes".  One of those sets of eyes belongs to our beloved greyhound, Sam.  We don't know much about Sam's background--he is from somewhere in New York state.  The sparse paperwork we do have indicates Sam never ran a greyhound race.  Having lived with him now for about 6 years, this is not a surprise to either me or my husband. 

The speed at which he appears in this picture is his typical speed of the day.  Except when it snows.  And the snow gets between his toes.  We do not like snow between our toes and, therefore, must use our greyt greyhound powers to sled mom and Ginger (our other dog) across the property and to the safety and warmth of the fireplace. 

"Be prompt with dinner tonight, Mom.  I needs my energies!"

Lol.  Mary Ann

3 comments:

  1. MaryAnn,
    thank you for stopping by and leaving a comment! I am glad you enjoy the sheep pics! I was looking at you photos and I love the view of the barn from your kitchen window! I think a few sheep living in that awesome barn would be nice....Shetlands are the perfect size for small acres:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for visiting here as well, Kristi! I've had a couple of comments encouraging a few sheep for small acreage. I'm very encouraged :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wanted to stop by to leave a comment and to thank you for visiting my blog (your email isn't visible, so I couldn't send this in person.) Tell Sam that he should bug you to bring him to the Greyhounds Rock event in Fredericksburg in November.

    What a fabulous photo this is!

    ReplyDelete