Jan 16, 2010

Hello. I'm the cat.

Hello.  I'm the cat.  Just like the title says.  No home is complete me, or at least someone like me.

Although, I am the cutest.

I am in charge of the following:
  1. Rodent control
  2. Bird watching
  3. Sun bathing
  4. Purring
  5. Clawing my mother in conspicuous places
  6. Teasing the dogs
Number 6 is a winter sport.  Mom brings both dogs out on leashes.  I dash in front of them, and the dogs pull Mom across the snow-packed yard.  She gets to ski, the dogs get to exercise, and I get to chuckle.  Works for everyone.

Did I mention I was the cutest?

Festivus, the cat

6 comments:

  1. Dear Festivus,
    Please tell your lady that as a cat, it is imperative that you be given a flock of sheep to observe. It is an important part of a farm cat's existence. She must be made aware of this important responsibility that is lacking on your list.
    Sincerely,
    Esmeralda (the cat from Whispering Acres)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol--true, we do need some sheep Esmeralda...a small flock for a cat like me. I do like my naps :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there! Nice to meet you too! Thanks for stopping by the Burbs! Best of luck getting your hives started this spring! You will love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, WHY did you stop blogging? I've just discovered this wonderful space and it seems that you've abandoned it. :-(

    You can have your dream! Shetland sheep are LITTLE and don't need a lot of room. You can easily keep 6 to 10 Shetlands on an acre of land!

    Or, you could live vicariously through my sheep...

    I hope you come back to blogging.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Nancy, so nice of you to post--thank you :) Actually, I am going to try and get this blog moving again. I have another blog on Wordpress that is essay and photos, so I have to have a strategy for keeping up two and a full-time-plus job. Thanks for the encouragement!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for visiting my blog Mary Ann. I am glad you did because it led me here. You have wonderful blog content and your photography is fantastic! I look forward to following.

    ReplyDelete